For help with creating a winning song, watch our webinar featuring international recording artist Mihirangi here.
1. The winning song will be sung by students in both primary and secondary school. It should be radio-friendly and the length of an average pop song.
2. The vocal line should not fall below middle C (C4) or above D5.
3. The tempo should be appropriate for performance in NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language)
4. The song should be easy to play on the ukulele.
5. The lyrics should reflect what it means to live in New Zealand. This is a broad theme and could be about nature, family, cultural identity, community, favourite activities or a certain place. Languages other than English are encouraged. The theme should not be specific to a holiday, e.g ANZAC Day, or about current events that will not have a timeless quality. The lyrics should be non-religious.