The closing date for entries is 11 March 2018.
1. Participants must be NZ residents and attend school for at least 15 hours per week. If a song is entered in 2017, during Terms 3 and 4, students are still eligible to win if they are enrolled in the 2018 school year. They do not have to attend the same school in 2018, for example, students in primary moving to intermediate, intermediate moving to secondary. If you leave school during the competition your song will be disqualified.
2. All contestants must be no older than 19 years of age on Monday 1 May 2018.
3. Winner(s) must be available to travel to Auckland on Saturday 14 April 2018, to record their song.
A travel grant up to $1000 will be provided.
4. Only one song per student/group is to be entered. Songs may be collaborative but all writers must be acknowledged.
5. Performers may or may not be the composer/s.
6. Compositions must be entrants’ original work, this includes lyrics.
7. The competition is for unsigned bands and individuals only. Entrants must notify the NZ Music Commission if they sign a recording contract after entering.
8. By entering you grant The NZ Music Commission license to use your song for promotional purposes.
9. The judges’ decisions will be final.