The closing date for entries is March 17, 11:59PM 2019.
1. Participants must be NZ residents and attend school for at least 15 hours per week. All contestants must be no older than 18 years of age on Monday 1 May 2019.
2. Winner(s) must be available to travel to Auckland on Saturday 6 April 2019 to record their song. Travel costs for the winner(s) + 1 adult will be provided.
3. Only one song per student/group is to be entered. Songs may be collaborative but all writers must be acknowledged.
4. Performers may or may not be the composer(s).
5. Compositions must be entrants’ original work, this includes lyrics.
6. The competition is for unsigned bands and individuals only. Entrants must notify the NZ Music Commission if they sign a recording contract after entering.
7. By entering you grant The NZ Music Commission license to use your song for promotional purposes.
8. The judges’ decisions will be final.